Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mini Baked Donuts

My son loves, loves, loves donuts. I have to be honest, so do I! However, my thighs and arse... not so much. I have been dying to create, or find, an awesome baked donut recipe. In order to move this wish along I ordered a mini donut pan by Wilton. A recipe came with the pan. I tweaked it. Here is my version of the Wilton recipe:



Suspiciously Deliciously Baked Donuts
Dry Ingredients
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Wet Ingredients
1/2 cup and 1 teaspoon of milk
1 egg lightly beaten
1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted.

Preheat oven to 425* F. Spray donut pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients together. In a small bowl, mix together liquids. Then add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until combined (I like to use a spatula for this). Scoop batter into large ziplock baggie, cut corner off (not too much) and pipe into pan. Fill each donut cup 1/3 to 1/2 full. Bake 4 to 6 minutes (I did 5 and it was perfect) - donuts should spring back when touched. Cool in pan 1-2 minutes. Then transfer to cooling rack. Then ice with your favorite flavor of icing OR sprinkle a sugar and cinnamon mixture (3 tbsp sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon) on donuts while hot. Also, I added flavors to the batter as I went along, but that I did by my own judgment... like chocolate, lemon, maple, and blueberry. Then I iced with different flavors of icing, not frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment